Sometimes this job is really hard. Sometimes it’s also painful, messy, and downright confusing. In its much-anticipated release, this guide chronicles the strange nuances of working in mental health in the modern world.
Sometimes Therapy Is Awkward provides refreshingly candid insight into what it takes to feel more confident and prepared to help others.
UNLIKE ANYTHING YOU’VE READ
Stories, jokes, and action-based solutions for:
- Coping with excruciating insecurities
- Finding and owning your theory
- Improving your clinical skills
- Navigating the workplace
- Setting healthy and effective boundaries
- Managing burnout and fatigue
- Understanding mental health treatment in the modern world
Using introspection and humor, this practical roadmap is ideal for aspiring therapists, new therapists, and any therapist who identifies with feeling afraid or uncomfortable in their work.